Caprese Chicken Mushroom Fusilli Alfredo
So I actually failed to take pictures of this while prepping, but I did make a TikTok showing the start to finish while prepping this dish!
This is a light pasta dish, that has a fresh taste!
My only tips on this recipe are..
- Make sure your sauce thickens! Dont rush the sauce. Cooking this pasta again in the oven can thin out your sauce, so make sure you give it plenty of time to get thick.
- Use your choice of tomato. Use a tomato you really like the taste of! It adds big flavor to this dish.
- I used Fusilli Banza pasta! You can really use any pasta style you’d like. I love Banza. It is a chickpea based pasta, that is higher in protein, and lower in carbs!
- Make sure you allow this to bake long enough! Dont get impatient. You want the cheese to melt, and the tomatoes to soften! Its well worth the wait.
- The fresh basil finish is life! <3
Hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did!
Caprese Chicken Mushroom Alfredo
Creamy pasta, with a fresh twist!
- 1 lb Fusilli you can use any pasta you'd like. I used Banza Fusilli
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 cups Parmesan finely grated
- 2 cups Chicken chopped and cooked white meat
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 4 large Tomatoes can use 2 Heirloom Beefsteak, sliced
- 2 tbs Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves torn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook the pasta to al dente, or according to package directions.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the mushrooms, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very fragrant, and mushrooms are browned (1 min). Add the cream and Parmesan and cook, stirring frequently until the mixture begins to boil, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cooked pasta and carefully toss to completely coat, then continue to cook until the mixture is smooth and thick, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and trasnfer to baking dish.
- Alternating 1 slice of tomato and 1 slice of mozarella, cover pasta completely. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with some salt and bake until the mozzarella is beginning to melt to melt but the slices still hold their shape and are still white, about 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, then top with the basil and serve.
One thought on “Caprese Chicken Mushroom Fusilli Alfredo”
senza fretta il sugo francesco! (no rush the gravy francis!) I can hear my grandmother yelling the same thing. Although she called it gravy not sauce.
Dig the blog. Food, travel and bikinis, that’s a solid combination.