So its no secret that I model bikinis often! I am always trying to find things that will help me be “shoot ready” at all times. I never know when a booking will pop up last minute, or I will need to be ready for swim. I found myself getting wax after wax, and investing a ton of money doing so. I had heard about laser hair removal, and always thought “well its so pricey”, until I put pen to paper and realized I had paid the same amount in constantly waxing, that I could have put into a more permanent treatment. Dont get me wrong, waxing is a must, and I can’t live without my girl Rosalyn Hisky, who is my go to for any waxing I need, but I wanted to do something that would be more cost efficient, and would last me a lifetime.
I am so glad I made the choice to go with laser hair removal. I have had a full set of treatments on my underarms, two on my bikini area, and I just started my legs. I love the results!
I posted these videos on my Instagram yesterday, and immediately got flooded with questions!
Here are a couple I wanted to answer for you guys!:
- Does it hurt? Its 100% tolerable. Almost like a pop of a rubber band, or pinch. It is more comfortable than waxing, and a permanent solution. Any discomfort you may feel (always depends on the person) is brief. Personally, I don’t think it hurts very much at all, but I know everyone is different.
- What areas have you treated? Underarms, Brazilian Bikini, and Legs.
- Where did you have your treatments done? A Beautiful You Medical Spa – Memphis, TN.
- I have dark hair, does it make it hurt worse? I have dark brown hair, and its as thick as can be, so no I don’t think it will hurt worse.
- Is there any downtime? No, I typically go on with my day to day activities. There are care instructions, and everyone is different and can irritate different, but its not going to be something that knocks you down for a day.
- How long does it take for a treatment? It depends on the size of the area, but all of the areas I have had treated were quick! Im usually in and out in under 30 minutes.
- How many treatments do you need? They recommend 6 treatments, and because of hormones, or hair growth you may need touch ups after that sometime down the road.
- Do I recommend having laser hair removal? ABSOLUTELY. If this is something you have been thinking about for a while, I say go for it!
I have been getting different treatments done at A Beautiful You Medical Spa, and if you’re looking for a great place to go, I highly recommend this med spa! Lori the owner is such a joy, and she can answer any questions you may have! Her staff is also wonderful. I have enjoyed every experience here.
I can’t wait to share more of my treatments and results with you guys!